JOIN THE TEAM
We are always on the look out for enthusiastic and talented people to come and join our team at Moneta Communications.
The following positions are currently available:
In this role you are responsible for overseeing and content managing a ‘new to market’ horse racing website brought to you by one of the leading sports betting affiliate groups.
Organising a team of writers devoted to providing the best betting content related to real-time racing events and making sure that all aspects of the site are up to date and providing the user with the best calls to action.
Utilising your experience you will be an important part of the team to deliver the best racing content experience beyond just the pre-event odds, but building the content across the domain and the social accounts through informed and up to date content.
You will own the editorial approach for the biggest meetings in the Racing Calendar, including the Festivals at Cheltenham, Aintree and Ascot.
As a true racing enthusiast, you will live and breathe racing, including an awareness of the racing calendar and the different types of betting markets and promotions that engage racing bettors.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the COO and freelance editorial team to ensure that the content contributes meaningful traffic but also takes on a life of its own as shareable content across platforms.
- Spark ideas, enthusiasm and energy to help "own" and shape the editorial voice of the portfolio going forward.
- Identify and plan coverage for current and future sports and culture events/moments accordingly with the content plan; Emanate quality news insight in deciding what trending/O+O content should be produced.
- Ensure quality control grammatically on-site and tone of voice.
- Sustain and grow cross channel views on-site and Twitter and Facebook with an emphasis on re-branding twitter, facebook and podcast from Jumps-racing.co.uk.
- Have an interest in the wider media market, keeping abreast of new innovations that could be relevant to the business and our partners.
- Good understanding of the digital media editorial landscape.
- Work with the COO in new product development initiatives and any SEO enhancements for the site.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Displays leadership and maturity
- Understanding of strong teamwork dynamic / ability to work effectively as part of a team and on their own.
- Self starting but recognition of when to ask for help
- Ability to be creative and adaptable in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment
- Good communicator – externally and internally, upwards and downwards
- Attention to detail in both editorial and automatically generated on-site content.
- A desire to make a difference in your job, the company and the wider industry
- Proven track record of content managing a website.
- Experience of running a team of freelance journalists and talent, and directing their output.
- Strong nuts-and-bolts knowledge of how content works on major publishing platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google News and SEO.
- A proven track record in growing a digital audience and creating interesting, engaging and shareable content for a digital publisher.
Job Type: Full-time
Moneta Communications is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people from all backgrounds and recognise that in order to be successful, we need to create an inclusive environment where everyone can realise their potential and succeed. This means that all employees, and applicants considered for employment, will be treated without regard to Age, Disability, Gender reassignment, Marriage & Civil Partnership, Race, Religion & belief, Sex or Sexual Orientation. We treat all individuals fairly throughout all stages of our recruitment process. Any decisions on recruitment and selection are based solely on job-related criteria and the needs of the Company.
To apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com